Skywalker 15ft “Jump N’ Dunk” Round Trampoline Review
This time we got our hands on one trampoline from which we had mind blowing expectations – SkyWalker 15 foot round trampoline, this time with included basketball hoop. We knew that Skywalker was always producing top-notch trampolines (35 years in business), but never tried one the biggest round trampolines they offer. Numerous ratings of 4* and above already gave as a clue that this trampoline must be above average and that will blow out the competition. Is that the case? Let’s find out.
Weight limit: 200 lbs (90kg)
Recommended for: Kids aged 6+, teenagers, lighter adults.
Specifications of SkyWalker 15ft round trampoline:
- Big (as most important feature) – when assembled it’s dimensions are 15x15x9.5 feet (4.5×4.5×2.9 meters)
- Weight limit: 200 lb. (90kg)
- Available in several colors – red, blue, green, camo
- Frame with 6 W shaped support legs made from rust resistant galvanized steel
- Additional structural integrity support brought by T-sockets (they connect enclosure frame with trampoline frame)
- Enclosure net interlocked with the mat using Skywalker proprietary button-hole feature (it attaches the netting directly to the spring V ring)
- Total of 96 springs, 6.5″ long
- All parts of trampoline UV resistant
- Availability of replacement parts
- Good assembly manual – ok, some things are unclear but if you read it once before, you should be fine. If not, there are assembly videos available.
First, all other reviews say it is a fantastic trampoline. We tend to agree. And with price like that ($300 – currently 50% off + Free shipping) this is truly one trampoline we shall recommend to anyone interested.
After reading a manual, assembly takes only 1.5 hrs and it is possible by one person only. Quality of mat is fantastic – it provides smooth and high bounce and we are confident that will last several years. Quality of all other parts – enclosure and Velcro padding is questionable, but we believe that it should hold few years on all kind of weather conditions, and a lot more if you decide to purchase cover or tent to protect it.
As we couldn’t find any true downsides of this trampoline we fully understand why it was rated so high. For us, only thing that could bother us (and it did) is user weight limit of only 200 pounds (90kg). We know that this trampoline can withstand a lot more *probably twice as much, but everyone who is over this weight limit and uses it, it is doing at their own risk!!! Compared to some other manufacturers who raised their weight limit to almost 440 lb. (200 kg) it is a shame that SkyWalker continues with this practice.
Regarding assembly, some people are having trouble with it, but as we wrote above, just make sure to read assembly instructions at least once before you start actual installment.
Product manual for Skywalker 15ft trampoline can be downloaded here (right click > Save link as:)